Online Police Reporting

Begin Online Report
Assistance: 913-327-6881

Office hours are:
Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

If this is an emergency, call 9-1-1.

The online citizen police report system allows you to submit a non-emergency police report immediately and print a copy for free.

Notice: Filing a false police report is a crime punishable by up to one year in jail and a $2,500 fine.

Begin Online Police Report

Types of Reports
Reports you MAY submit online: Reports you may NOT submit online:
Phone Harassment and/or Threats, Obscene Emergency situations
Theft of motor fuel, services, items from a vehicle and other theft (miscellaneous) Situations that require immediate attention of the Police Department.
Suspicious Activity/Persons Occurrences outside the Overland Park city limits
Vandalism (Miscellaneous) Incidents where you know who the suspects are
Lost License Plates  
Lost Property (cell phones, wallets, purses, etc.)  
Possible drug activity in Neighborhood (not occurring now)  
Unlawful Use of a Credit Card  
Identity theft  


  • All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed by Police personnel.
  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.

Completing an Online Police Report

  • Reports should be detailed with as much information as possible such as (date, time, suspect addresses). Reports are reviewed and cases with limited information or with no leads are not assigned to an investigator.
  • Only information with the red asterisk (*) is mandatory.
  • An email address is mandatory to use the online reporting system.

After Completing an Online Police Report

When you have successfully submitted the online police report you will:

  • Receive a message indicating "Your online police report has been submitted."
  • Be issued a police report case number
  • Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.


What is a Known Suspect?

A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.

What if an incident happened in another city?

You cannot complete an online police report if a crime took place outside of the City of Overland Park. Call the police department for that city.

Can I submit an online report if I’m a victim of harassing calls and do not know the person who is calling?

Yes. You can submit an online report. After completing your online report, please contact your phone service provider, as noted on your telephone bill, with the report number you receive at the end of this process. Follow your phone service provider's instructions and keep track of when calls occur and the number they are from (if you have caller ID).

What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?

If your incident is an emergency, call 9-1-1. If non-emergency, call 913-895-6300.