Municipal Court

Overland Park’s Municipal Court is the judicial branch of the City. It processes traffic and ordinance violations.


12400 Foster St.
Overland Park, KS 66213






Coronavirus Operations

Visiting In-Person

You may visit the Municipal Court in-person or utilize online options as detailed on this page.

Do not visit the court if you are sick. You may request a continuance if you are experiencing symptoms.

Masks that cover your nose and mouth are recommended when visiting the court.

Request a New Court Date

If you would like a new court date, you may request a continuance.

Speak With a Prosecutor

If you would like to request a moving violation be kept off your driving record, you may request an amendment.  

You may also:

Make a Payment

If you have a traffic ticket and would like to pay in full online, and would like to plead guilty or no contest to the original charge, you may enter your plea and pay in full.

You may also make a payment on a case.

You may request time to pay your traffic case.

Insurance Verification

If you have received a citation for failing to provide proof of liability insurance from an Overland Park police officer, you may email a copy of your insurance card that was valid on the date of the citation for the vehicle cited to

In your email, please include your name, ticket or complaint number and a daytime phone number.

It may take two-three business days to process your documents.

State of the Court Report

The annual report includes information about fines and fees collected, a caseload summary, and performance measures for staff.