Police Report Submission
The online citizen police report system allows you to file a non-emergency police report.
- In Person:
All emergency-related police reports, includes accident reports, must be filed in person (24/7) at the W. Jack Sanders Justice Center,12400 Foster, police station.
Some non-emergency reports, excludes accidents, may be filed over the phone by calling 913-895-6300.
*Non-emergency classifications for filing online and phone reports
- Unlawful use of a credit card
- Suspicious activity or persons that occurred at earlier date and time
- Lost property (cellular phones, wallets, purses, etc.)
Copies of police reports may be obtained in person at the W. Jack Sanders Justice Center (12400 Foster) police station during designated hours. (copy fees apply)
Reports picked up in-person will be charged a copy fees:
- Accident report - $2
- Photographs copied to CD - $10.88/CD
- Photographs of automobile accidents can be obtained by the individuals involved, their insurance agent or attorney. No fatality photographs can be released without a court order or subpoena.
- Arrest report - $3
- Audio tape copied to CD - $10.88/CD
- Video copied to DVD - $27.21/DVD
- Other reports - $0.25/page
Incident reports (anything other than an accident report) are not accessible to the public.
Complete a Request for Discovery form for ordering copies.
Note: All fees listed above include tax.
Monday through Friday - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday.