Police Report Submission
The online citizen police report system allows you to file a non-emergency police report.
- In Person:
All emergency-related police reports (includes accident reports) must be filed in person (24/7) at the W. Jack Sanders Justice Center (12400 Foster) police station.
Some non-emergency* reports, (excludes accidents), may be filed over the phone by calling 913-895-6300.
*Non-emergency classifications for filing online and phone reports
- Unlawful use of a credit card
- Suspicious activity or persons that occurred at earlier date and time
- Lost property (cellular phones, wallets, purses, etc.)
Copies of Police Reports may be obtained in person at the W. Jack Sanders Justice Center (12400 Foster) police station during specified hours*. (copy fees apply)
Reports picked up in-person* will be charged a copy fees:
- Accident report - $2
- Photographs copied to CD - $10.85/CD
- Photographs of automobile accidents can be obtained by the individuals involved, their insurance agent or attorney. No fatality photographs can be released without a court order or subpoena.
- Arrest report - $3
- Audio tape copied to CD - $10.85/CD
- Video copied to DVD - $27.12/DVD
- Other reports - $0.25/page
Incident reports (anything other than an accident report) are not accessible to the public.
Complete a Request for Discovery form for ordering copies.
Note: All fees listed above include tax.
Monday thru Thursday - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday