M-F: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Animal Control Unit maintains peace and quiet in our neighborhoods, protects public and private property, and provides a safe environment for residents and pets.
Animal control does:
- Pick up dead animals but only on city streets;
- Write tickets for ordinance violations;
- Make court appearances;
- Investigate cruelty and neglect complaints;
- Investigate animal bites;
- Process special animal permits;
- Work with animal owners to resolve barking and disturbance complaints; and
- Make educational presentations to civic groups, neighborhood associations and school children.
Animal Control does not provide nuisance wildlife removal.
In a year's time, Animal Control will answer more than 9,000 calls, impound more than 1,200 animals, investigate more than 120 animal bites, and process more than 200 special animal permits.