Recycle just about anything at Overland Park’s Fall Recycling Extravaganza.
Volunteers will guide you through a drive-thru path where you can unload a variety of items from your vehicle for vendors to reuse or recycle.
Unless otherwise noted, all items can be recycled free of charge. Learn more about vendors providing recycling services by visiting the links in the list.
- Small appliances
- Building materials that can be reused
- Fully-functional appliances (no dishwashers will be accepted)
- Confidential documents for shredding (Suggested $5 donation, paper clips, staples, spiral binders will be accepted.)
- Computer terminals, laptops, radios, stereos, printers, keyboards, CD players, printers, cell phones, electronic parts, etc.
- CRT monitors ($20 each)
- CRT TVs 26″ and smaller ($30 each)
- Rear projection TVs, console TVs and CRT TVs 27″ and larger ($50 each)
- Eyeglasses: prescription, readers and sunglasses
- Fabric and craft supplies:
- Yardage, remnants, partially-completed quilt tops
- Thread, needles, pins, scissors, cutters, mats, rulers
- Yarn, needles, hooks, notions
- Fluorescent tube lights (10 tubes per vehicle maximum. No compact fluorescent bulbs will be accepted.)
- Garden tools
- Mattresses and box springs ($10 each)
- Medication, prescription or others, no questions asked
- Musical instruments (no pianos, organs, keyboards or drum sets will be accepted.)
- Pet supplies:
- Unopened dog and cat food
- Cat litter
- Gently-used shoes
- Toys in good, usable condition
If you would like to volunteer at this event, we can use your help. Sign up to volunteer online.
Black & Veatch
11401 Lamar Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211
Saturday, September 26
8 a.m.-2 p.m.