Rid your home of old items at the Recycling Extravaganza. While there is no residency requirement to attend this event, volunteers will be checking IDs for data collection.
The following items will be accepted. The links included in the list below will direct you to the community partners who help with reuse and disposal of items at the event.
- Confidential documents – Suggested donation $5 per box.
- E-waste (free) Computers, laptops, LCD monitors, scanners and fax machines, key boards and mice, DVR cable and satellite, hard drives and solid state drives, VCR, DVD and BluRay players, cell phones, tablets, printers, copiers, microwaves, vacuums, small kitchen appliances including mini fridges, window AC units, and humidifiers
- Televisions – $20 per TV
All reuse items must be in good or salable condition when donated.
- Building materials – Usable project leftovers or remodel removals
- Furniture – Usable furnishings in good condition
- Eyeglasses – Prescription, readers, or sunglasses
- Musical instruments – No pianos, organs, or drums
- Fabric (unused): yardage, remnants, precuts, partially completed quilt tops; notions: thread, needles, pins, scissors, cutters, mats, rulers; knitting & crochet: yarn, needles, hooks
- Gently used mattresses and box springs – $10 per piece. Check to see if your mattress meets the criteria to be eligible for collection.
Sustainability Programs Coordinator
Black and Veatch
Overland Park, KS 66211
Enter at the main entrance off of 115th St.
October 14, 2023
8 a.m.-2 p.m.