Business Licenses

Overland Park does not require a general occupational business license.

The City Clerk’s offices handles most occupational licenses in Overland Park.

Applications for many licenses are available on this page.

Applications and fees can be mailed in or dropped off in person at the City Clerk’s office.

Massage Establishment License

A license is required by any person, firm, partnership, association or corporation that operates a massage establishment in Overland Park

To apply, submit a completed application and the $300 annual fee to the City Clerk’s office.


8500 Santa Fe Drive
Overland Park, Kan. 66212




8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Massage Therapist License

Massage therapists must file a separate application with the City Clerk.

Massage therapists must submit an application and have identification cards for each work location.

Licensing Requirements

To get a license, massage therapists must

  • Register fingerprints at the Overland Park Justice Center, 12400 Foster
  • Provide proof of a National Certification Examination for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, 1992 or later; or Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination, 2007 or later.
  • Present a certified transcript consisting of not less than 500 hours, in theory, method or practice of massage. The required curriculum must include the subjects of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, pathology, first aid and hygiene and practical instruction in massage technique.
  • Hold an American Red Cross First Aid certification
  • Hold an American Heart Association CPR certification
  • Provide two 2×2 passport-size photos

License Fees

  • $75 – new applications
  • $50 – renewal applications
  • $15 – additional applications

Home-Based Businesses

Overland Park does not license home-based businesses.


Home businesses are generally limited to those that are office-oriented. They are permitted inside the residence only and employees are limited to family members residing within the home. No signage or other forms of on-site advertising may be used.

Sales to the general public are not allowed. Sales to people invited by individual invitation are allowed. Sales of items through the mail or at another location are permitted.

The repair of items for a business is allowed only when the delivery or pickup of the items is conducted off-site. Repairing vehicles, trailers, campers, or boats not registered to the home’s address is not allowed and is a violation of city ordinance.

Home businesses that generate an excessive amount of noise, dust, dirt, smoke, odors, etc., are not permitted.

Parking + Traffic

Home businesses can generate a maximum of 10 business-related visits per day, between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. only.

Parking on the street is not permitted, except for occasional meetings.

Businesses generating excessive amounts of traffic will not be permitted in residential areas.

Pawnbroker’s License

A license is required for anyone who

  • Loans money on deposit, pledge of personal property or other valuable thing other than intangible personal property
  • Deals in the purchase of personal property on the condition of selling the same back again at the stipulated price

This does not include any person operating under the supervision of the State Banking Commissioner, Credit Union Administrator, or the Consumer Credit Commissioner of the State of Kansas.

License Fee

There is a $25 annual fee for a pawnbroker’s license.

Precious Metal Dealer’s License

A Precious Metal Dealer’s license is required for anyone who engages in the business of purchasing precious metal for the purpose of reselling such metal in any form to include gold, silver or platinum group metals or any used personal property containing such metals.

License Fee

There is a $25 annual fee for a precious metal dealer’s license.

Taxi Cabs + Car/Limo Services License

A license is required for any person, firm, corporation, partnership, association or business that wishes to operate taxi cab, car or limo services in Overland Park.

All applicants must have at least $60,000 combined single limit insurance for injuries and death of one or more persons and a property damage deductible that does not exceed $500.

Permit Fees

There is a $25 annual fee, per vehicle.

Applications are available at the City Clerk’s office.

Licensed Taxi and Limo Services

Above and Beyond Transportation


10/10 Taxi

1300 Lydia
Kansas City, Mo. 64106


Airport Luxury Limousine

1501 Andrew St.
Pleasant Hill, MO 64080


Airport Transportation, LLC

2614 Vista St.
Kansas City, Kan.


All Pro Transportation

11311 W 77th Terr.
Lenexa, KS 66214



1523 N. 63rd Place
Kansas City, KS 66102


Black Tie Experience Transportation Services, LLC

9828 W. 86th St.
Overland Park, KS 66212


Dedicated Workers Limo Service

5929 W 153rd St.
Overland Park, KS 66223


iRide KC

9325 Pflumm Rd.
Lenexa, KS 66215


KCI Chauffeur

1919 Olathe Blvd.
Apt. 302
Kansas City, KS 66103


KCI Plus Transport

4934 Howe Dr.
Roeland Park, KS 66205


Myers Transportation

11944 W 95th St.
Lenexa, KS 66215


Prime Time Services, LLC

P.O. Box 16082
Shawnee, KS 66203


Top Tier Transportation, LLC

18842 W 165th Ter.
Olathe, KS 66062


Transient Merchant License

Anyone who engages in any temporary or transient business to sell goods or services is required to have a transient merchant license.

Applicants should complete the application below and return it to the City Clerk’s Office.