Learn more about swim level ability requirements to determine which class is most appropriate. Parents and spectators must remain in the designated area of the pool during swim lessons, unless authorized by the swimming lesson coordinator.
If you have questions regarding swim lessons, call Matt Ross Community Center, 913-895-6390, or Tomahawk Ridge Community Center, 913-327-6645.
There are several registration options:
- Register online. If you are having trouble loading the registration page please clear the cache on your browser.
- Visit Matt Ross Community Center;
- Visit Tomahawk Ridge Community Center.
Outdoor Swim Lessons
There are three different sessions available for summer 2017.
- June 12-June 22
- June 26-July 6
- July 17-July 27
Each session consists of eight 30-minute classes.
Lessons in the first and third sessions will be Monday through Thursday. Friday of both weeks may be used as rainout days.
Lessons in the second sessions will be Monday through Friday of the first week and Monday, Wednesday and Thursday the second week. Friday, July 7 may be used as a rainout day.
Ability level lesson times vary by individual pool:
Indoor Swim Lessons
Overland Park offers private, semi-private and group lessons at Matt Ross Community Center all year round.
Up to six students can enroll in each class.
Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons
Private lessons are one student per instructor. Semi-private lessons are two students per instructor.
Lessons plans are based off the ability level of the students and the goals they would like to meet for the session.
These lessons run on the same schedule as group lessons. Lessons are 30 minutes in length and held once a week.
Register for private and semi-private lessons online here.
There are different sessions available for spring and summer 2017.
- Spring Session 1: March 27 to April 22
- Spring Session 2: April 29 to May 26
- Summer Session 1: June 3 - June 29
Classes are held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Saturdays at Matt Ross Community Center. The following table shows when different ability level classes are offered:
|Mondays||Tuesdays and Thursdays||Saturdays|
Preschool 1, Preschool 2
Wave 1, Wave 2, Wave 3, Wave 4
|9:30-10:30 a.m.||Stroke and Endurance|
|10:30-11 a.m.||Preschool 1|
Preschool 1, Preschool 2
Wave 1, Wave 2
Wave 2, Wave 3, Wave 4
|Sundays||Tuesdays and Thursdays||Fridays|
Prices shown below are per session and enrollee. Fees for Indoor semi-private lessons include both students.
|Outdoor swim lessons||$40||$40|
|Indoor group lessons||$50||$60|
|Indoor private lessons||$90||$100|
|Indoor semi-private lessons||$155||$175|
There is a $5 processing fee per person, per class, for all changes and cancellations once registration has taken place.
No refunds will be given after the session begins.
- Register online here for group classes. View courses and openings online and pay for registration with MasterCard, Via or Discover cards.
- Register online here for private and semi-private classes.
- Register in-person at Matt Ross and Tomahawk Ridge Community Centers for indoor swim lessons.
- Register in-person at Matt Ross and Tomahawk Ridge Community Centers or any outdoor pool for outdoor swim lessons.
Cancellations and Notifications
Sign up for free to receive an email or text alert when lessons are cancelled or delayed.