Learn more about swim level ability requirements to determine which class is most appropriate. Parents and spectators must remain in the designated area of the pool during swim lessons, unless authorized by the swimming lesson coordinator.
If you have questions regarding swim lessons, call Matt Ross Community Center, 913-895-6390, or Tomahawk Ridge Community Center, 913-327-6645.
There are several registration options:
- Register online. If you are having trouble loading the registration page please clear the cache on your browser.
- Visit Matt Ross Community Center;
- Visit Tomahawk Ridge Community Center.
Indoor Swim Lessons
Overland Park offers private, semi-private and group lessons at Matt Ross Community Center year-round.
Up to six students can enroll in each class. Classes with fewer than three students registered will be cancelled prior to the start of the session.
Private and Semi-Private Swim Lessons
Private lessons are one student per instructor. Semi-private lessons are two students per instructor.
Lessons plans are based off the ability level of the students and the goals they would like to meet for the session.
Lessons are 30 minutes in length and held once a week. They can be scheduled in four, eight, or 12 week increments depending on teacher availability and time of year when registering.
Private lessons and semi-private lessons are scheduled on a first come first serve basis. Begin the process of enrolling in private swim lessons online.
Group lessons are held on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and Saturday at Matt Ross Community Center.
- Winter Session One: Jan. 8-Feb. 3
- Winter Session Two: Feb. 12-March 10
Registration for winter group lessons begin Nov. 1. Registration for winter private lessons begin Dec. 6.
The following table shows when different ability level classes are offered:
|Mondays||Tuesdays and Thursdays||Saturdays|
Preschool 1, Preschool 2
Wave 1, Wave 2, Wave 3
|9:30-10:30 a.m.||Stroke and Endurance|
|10:30-11 a.m.||Preschool 1|
Preschool 1, Preschool 2
Wave 1, Wave 2
Wave 2, Wave 3, Wave 4
|Sundays||Tuesdays and Thursdays||Fridays|
Prices shown below are per session and enrollee. Fees for Indoor semi-private lessons include both students.
|Outdoor swim lessons||$40||$40|
|Indoor group lessons||$50||$60|
|Indoor private lessons||$90||$100|
|Indoor semi-private lessons||$155||$175|
There is a $5 processing fee per person, per class, for all changes and cancellations once registration has taken place.
No refunds will be given after the session begins.
- Register online here for group classes. View courses and openings online and pay for registration with MasterCard, Via or Discover cards.
- Register in-person at Matt Ross and Tomahawk Ridge Community Centers for indoor swim lessons.
- Register in-person at Matt Ross and Tomahawk Ridge Community Centers or any outdoor pool for outdoor swim lessons.
Cancellations and Notifications
Sign up for free to receive an email or text alert when lessons are cancelled or delayed.