The City of Overland Park is proud to sponsor SevenDays and its mission to overcome hate by promoting kindness and understanding throughout our community. Founded in 2014 following a hate crime that occurred in Overland Park, SevenDays is a local nonprofit organization determined to make our community more inclusive and nurturing by creating a wave of positive change, one act of kindness at a time.
Every year, the SevenDays organization dedicates one week to community events and theme days in remembrance of the three lives lost in 2014 and in celebration of spreading kindness moving forward with education and conversation. All money raised goes back into the community in the form of scholarships and community enrichment.
Join SevenDays in its quest for kindness at this year’s Kindness Breakfast on Wednesday, April 5 at The Foundry at Church of the Resurrection located at 13720 Roe Ave. Coffee service begins at 7:30 a.m. with breakfast and a presentation starting at 8 a.m. Tickets can be purchased online in advance on the SevenDays website.
Beginning April 5, SevenDays invites the community to focus on different ways to be kind to friends, family, the community and ourselves. This year’s themes are:
- Wednesday, April 5: Love – Send a note to someone you love.
- Thursday, April 6: Discover – Take time to learn about another religion or culture.
- Friday, April 7: Others – Complete a random act of kindness.
- Monday, April 10: Connect – Connect or reconnect with someone you don’t speak to very often.
- Tuesday, April 11: You – Do something for yourself today.
- Wednesday, April 12: Go – Spend time outdoors.
- Thursday, April 13: Onward – Plan to increase kindness in the world around you throughout the year.
Lace up your shoes, and join SevenDays for the Kindness Walk on Sunday, April 16 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. This year’s walk features a 1.5 mile route at Church of the Resurrection with live music and food trucks.
Make a ripple, and change the world in 2023. Learn more about the SevenDays campaign, volunteer or donate at sevendays.org.