The Overland Park Fire and Police Departments, along with volunteers, invite individuals with developmental disabilities and their families to Friends of First Responders Day on Saturday, October 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Overland Park Fire Training Center located at 12401 Hemlock St.
Watch demonstrations and participate in hands-on activities alongside local firefighters and police officers:
- Watch flames shoot 30 feet in the air during a propane fire demonstration
- Witness firefighters repel down the side of the training tower
- Explore ambulance vehicles on display
- Ride in a fire truck and/or aerial ladder
- Assist a firefighter in operating the fire hose
- Watch a car transform into a convertible as first responders use life-saving equipment
Friends of First Responders Day is limited to individuals with disabilities and their family members, allowing for a more personalized and supportive environment. This event celebrates friendship and the opportunity to build stronger bonds within our community.
Learn more about Friends of First Responders Day at opkansas.org.