Going green just got easier for apartment residents in Overland Park, thanks to a new City recycling program.
At the beginning of 2023, the City launched a multifamily glass recycling pilot program and partnered with Ripple Glass to provide glass recycling to six apartment complexes. Participating apartments include:
- Promontory (91st Street and Metcalf Avenue)
- Glenwood Garden (93rd Terrace and Glenwood Street)
- Whispering Hills (W. 124th Street and Antioch Road)
- Santa Fe Towers (Santa Fe Drive and Valley View Drive)
- The Royale at City Place (113th Street and W. 113th Terrace)
- The Residences at Galleria (W. 112th Street and Outlook Street)
The program aims to make recycling glass more accessible for a demographic that often isn’t offered recycling opportunities.
Each complex received glass recycling bins for its parking lot or garage. Residents also received a complimentary Ripple Glass tote bag for glass collection with information about the program and which items can and cannot be recycled.
Accepted glass items include food and beverage containers, candle jars, cosmetic bottles and more. The bins will be emptied every other week.
The pilot program will run through Dec. 31, 2023.