Looking for activities close to home over Memorial Day weekend? Look no further. Here are 10 opportunities to make memories with the entire family while stay-cationing in Overland Park:
- Dive into our refreshing outdoor pools on opening day, May 28.
- Get up close and personal with more than 250 animals and birds at Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead.
- Embark on an exciting bike ride through our miles of hiking/biking trails.
- Serve up some friendly competition on our tennis, basketball, volleyball or pickleball courts.
- Escape the hustle and bustle of daily life at the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens, a nature lover’s paradise. During your visit, experience gardens with more than 1,700 species of plants, hiking trails and different educational opportunities around every bend in the path.
- Make a splash at splash pads located at Roe Park, Sapling Grove Park and Thompson Park. Splash pads are free to use and are open during normal park hours, 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Swing into action at one of our top-notch golf courses.
- Pack your favorite snacks for a good old-fashioned picnic at one of the City’s more than 80 parks and open spaces.
- Get down to the music at the Clock Tower while shopping for fresh, local products at the Overland Park Farmers’ Market.
- Reel in the excitement of catching a fish at one of six City lakes: Amesbury, Kingston, Regency, Summercrest, Wilderness and South Lake. A fishing license is required at all City lakes for everyone ages 16-74.
You’ll never run out of options for creating amazing memories in Overland Park this holiday weekend. Find even more opportunities for fun at opkansas.org.