Calling all artists, the Overland Park Forestry Division needs your help. Children are invited to participate in the annual Arbor Day Poster Contest Event sponsored by the Friends of the Arboretum. Children in kindergarten through fourth grade who live in Overland Park can participate in the Arbor Day poster contest.
Student artwork should highlight this year's theme, "Good Things Live In Trees!" and include this contest title in the artwork. Please make sure the tagline is spelled correctly.
Posters are due by 4 p.m. on Friday, March 29.
- Poster size: minimum 8.5x11", maximum 14x18"
- The student's first and last name, parents name, address, contact phone number, and school, if applicable, must be written on the back of each poster.
- Entries may be done in marker, crayon, paint pens, watercolor, ink, acrylic, colored pencil, and/or tempera paint.
- Collages are not acceptable. (Do not glue anything on your poster).
- Computer or photo-generated art and/or printing are not acceptable.
First through third-place winners will have their posters displayed online and at Tomahawk Ridge Community Center.
Mayor Gerlach and the poster contest winners will plant a tree outside Tomahawk Ridge Community Center during the City's Arbor Day Celebration.
Submit your child's Arbor Day poster at one of three locations:
- Matt Ross Community Center
- Overland Park Parks Headquarters
- Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
Click the images below to see the posters submitted in past years: