The Capital Improvements Program (CIP) is a five-year plan to forecast future public improvements and facilities in the city. It provides data concerning need costs, timing, funding sources, budget impacts and alternatives.
CIP in Your Area
Use the City's interactive map to locate and see a brief description of future construction projects planned by the City.
CIP Development Process
- Development begins in the fall, two years prior to the first year of the CIP.
- Adoption for budget planning purposes happens early the next year.
- Revisions occur throughout the year after public hearings.
- City Council adopts the CIP in the final form along with the operating budget in August of the second year.
- The budget and CIP go into effect Jan. 1 of the third year, and work begins on CIP projects.