Mental Health Advisory Committee
The Mental Health Advisory Committee exists to
- Advise the Public Safety Committee and City Council on issues of mental health in the community
- Make recommendations or create educational and informational resources regarding mental health
- Identify and increase mental health awareness and prevention resources related to mental health issues
- Develop additional mental health initiatives
- Support and promote existing and new initiatives through cooperation with the County and other agencies in the region
- Conduct periodic meetings with the Public Safety Committee for the purpose of evaluating opportunities to improve communication and transparency.
- Anne Timmons, Community Advocate
- Melissa Hillman, J.D.
- Greg Nawalanic, Psy.D., LP
- Sara Schlagel, LSCSW
- Tim DeWeese, Johnson County Mental Health Center Director
To learn more about this board’s members, terms and vacancies, visit the City’s agenda management portal.
Generally held quarterly on the last Thursday of the month
Assistant City Manager