Mental Health Task Force
The mental health task force exists to assess mental health services and related resources available to assist the City of Overland Park to address mental health needs, paying careful attention to the particular experiences and needs of diverse groups within the population.
The task force will make recommendations for:
- Mental health awareness
- Promotion of services
- Resources for support
- Policies and practices related to the mental health needs of the community.
All meetings are open to the public.
Task Force Members
- Chair: Chris Newlin, Ward 6 Council Member
- Vice Chair: Tom Herzog, Business Community Advocate
- Jan Marrs, Community Advocate
- Anne Timmons, Community Advocate
- Tom Cranshaw, Business Community Advocate
- Melissa Hillman, J.D.
- Becky Gernon, M.D.
- Greg Nawalanic, Psy.D., LP
- Sara Schlagel, LSCSW
- Kathleen L. Sloan, Johnson County District Court Judge
- Jeffery Boss, Johnson County MED-ACT Battalion Chief
- Tim DeWeese, Johnson County Mental Health Center Director
Members of the City Manager’s Office, Overland Park Fire Department, and Overland Park Police Department serve as ex-oficio members on the mental health task force.
Generally held on the last Thursday of the month
Police Chief Frank Donchez