Block Party Permit Service Request

If you plan on hosting a neighborhood block party, and you want to block off any part of the street, you will need a permit.

In order to have a block party in the City of Overland Park, you will need to follow these guidelines.

This permit is for closing the street. It is not a request for the presence of police or fire vehicles.

Contact Information
Request Details
I do hereby request that the Chief of Police designate the block of as a "play street" in accordance with O.P.M.C. 12.04.020. I have read the guidelines for block parties and agree to comply with them. In addition, I agree to hold harmless the City of Overland Park, Kansas, its councilmembers, officers, employees and agents from all suits, actions, damages or claims to which the City may subjected of any kind of nature whatsoever resulting from, caused by, arising out of or as a consequence of such temporary street closure and the activities permitted in connection herewith. I understand that if I fail to comply, the "play street" designation will be withdrawn and the street will be opened to traffic.

I also agree to place a block party sign at the end(s) of the street at the block party location.
Upload any files you have that provide further detail.