Food Vendor Products
Commodities offered for sale may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Hot-prepared foods
- Canned/ frozen items (jams, jellies, salsa, etc.)
- Baked goods
- Olive oil/ Balsamic vinegar
- Spices, herbs, sea salts
- Beverages, etc.
All food must be prepared in a certified commercial kitchen (proof required) and anything prepackaged must follow the Kansas Department of Agriculture's labeling requirements.
The Market's primary focus is homegrown produce grown by farm vendors. Farm vendors will have priority over food vendors, but food vendors will have priority over specialty vendors. The city may limit the number of food vendors selling specific items.
- Complete and return the 2019 Food & Specialty Vendor Application & Product List
- Submit five samples of one item or a variety of items from your product list. City and farmers market staff test firsthand the quality and type of product applicants want to sell. If the product is not turned in with the application, city staff will contact the applicant to arrange a time for the sample to be brought to the office.
- Review the following important supplement information:
- 2019 Rules & Regulations
- 2019 Homegrown Planner
- Market Vendor Layout (Food Vendors will most likely be placed outside the pavilion)
City staff may not review incomplete applications. City or farmers market staff members will contact you if they need more information. You must provide the additional application information in writing. Any significant changes made to an application may impact contracts, stall assignments or approved dates.
Upon completion of the review process, the City will inform you in writing whether your application is accepted, wait listed or declined for participation in the Farmers’ Market for the upcoming season.
Submitting an application does not guarantee participation.
Before Jan. 4, 2019: Applications must be submitted no later than Jan. 4, 2019, to be notified in early February 2019 as to whether they were accepted, wait-listed or declined for the upcoming season.
After Jan. 4, 2019: Applications that are not turned in by Jan. 4, 2019, will still be reviewed and considered in a timely manner.
The city reserves the right to visit and inspect the certified commercial kitchen and property sites listed on the Farmers’ Market application to ensure that proper and correct reporting/information has been provided by the vendor. New applicants may be subject to a visit before being accepted into the Farmers’ Market.
Learn more about payment options for all vendor types.
|1 Space||Space (approximately 10’ wide x 10’ deep) or
Stall (approximately 9’ wide x 18’ deep) if available
(25 or more combined days) Three payments
|Full Season Discount||If paid in full no later than April 1||$1,620|
(11-24 combined days) Two payments
|Saturday Only||(10 or less days) - Daily rate||$42|
|Wednesday Only||(10 or less days) - Daily rate||$37|