Rules and regulations must be followed at all times. A complete list of rules is available at the facility for review; this list is not all inclusive.
- A membership or daily pass is required to use the fitness center (weight room), pools, gymnasiums or to check out equipment. A membership may be obtained for a fee any time the community center is open and are valid for one year from date of purchase. Daily passes are valid for the day of purchase only.
- No one under the age of 10 is allowed in the building unsupervised.
- Tobacco, drugs and the use of profanity are strictly prohibited.
- No items may be put up for public display (brochures, flyers, pamphlets, and other materials).
- You must be 16 or older to use the fitness equipment.
- Children, ages 12-15, may use the equipment, only after they attend an equipment orientation with a parent.
- No one under the age of 12 is allowed to use the fitness equipment.
- Room reservations should be requested at least one week in advance. Reservations may be made up to 12 months in advance. Should a conflict with a city-sponsored program arise, the user will receive advance notice at least seven day in advance of the requested date, if time permits.
See party room information.
Matt Ross Community Center Pool Rules
- No Running
- No Diving: Feet first entry only
- No climbing on rocks, play features, or walls of the current
- No food or glass containers
- No alcoholic beverages
- Proper swim attire is required; string/thong swimming suits prohibited
- No riding on the shoulders of others
- No throwing others
- No mermaid tails/fins
- Children under the age of 10 must be supervised by an adult at all times in the pool area
- All life jackets and floatation devices must be Coast Guard approved; an adult must stay within arms reach of someone in a lifejacket or using a flotation device at all times
- Swim diapers are required for children who are still in diapers; a swim suit must be worn over the swim diaper.
- No slapping the noodles or the kickboards on patrons or the water
- No playing/hanging on the railings
- Toys are not to be thrown on top of the water helix
- There is to be no climbing, sitting, or standing on the water table
- Riders must go down the slide sitting or on their backs, feet first. Spinning is not allowed.
- Riders must not climb up the slide.
- Riders must be able to swim to the stairs on their own.
- Riders are not allowed to be caught
- Riders must wait until the previous rider is at the bottom of the slide before riding
- Only one rider at a time is allowed
- No lifejackets, kickboards, noodles, or other toys allowed on the slide
- No one under the age of 5 and/or anyone wearing diapers is allowed in the spa
- Children 5-14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult either in or next to the spa
- Maximum time is 30 minutes if others are waiting
- No jumping off of or into the spa
- No lifejackets are allowed in the spa
- No toys, noodles, or kickboards allowed in the spa
- All pool rules apply
- Patrons must be swimming laps or doing water exercises to be in the lap pool during lap swim. Water walking is acceptable.
- No diving
- No hanging on the lap lanes
- There is no max to the number of people allowed in a lane
- Circle swimming is recommended for lanes with more than 2 people.
Basketball - Available on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at designated times
- Basketballs are available for use
- No Dunking
- No hanging on the rim or net of the basketball goal
- No jumping in to shoot the basketball or shooting from outside the pool
- No shooting from inside the lap lanes
- No excessive roughness
- Patrons must be 16 years of age to use the sauna
- Appropriate swimwear or shorts must be worn at all times. No excessive clothing may be worn in saunas (hoodies, sweat pants, etc.).
- No shoes, other than flip flops are to be worn in the sauna
- Use of body lotions, oils or suntan lotions is not permitted
- Pool water is not to be dumped on the heaters in either sauna
- Filtered water is provided and may be used in the humid sauna ONLY
- Be courteous and respectful to other users. Any inappropriate, lewd and/or suggestive behavior may result in immediate and/or permanent loss of privileges
- Food is not permitted in the saunas
- No newspapers, magazines, or paper products are permitted
- Do not exceed 20 minutes in the sauna
- Group Exercise participants are not to use the saunas unless they have a facility membership.
- It is advisable to remove any metals as they can become very hot in the sauna
- While utilizing the sauna drink plenty of fluids to replace those lost due to perspiration
- It is advisable to remove contact lenses as they can become uncomfortable
- You should not use the sauna if you:
- Are pregnant
- Are suffering from heart disease, circulatory problems, high/low blood pressure, diabetes, kidney disease or an illness causing an inability to perspire
- Have an infectious skin disease/sores/wounds
- Have consumed a meal or alcohol within one and a half hours
- Have recently exercised. Time should be allowed to enable the body temperature to return to normal.