- Members gain access by using an ID card.
- All guests must pay the daily fee or have a membership; this includes guests just watching. There are no refunds on daily admissions.
- Guests under the age of 8 must be accompanied by someone at least 12 years of age.
- Adult/child ratio is 1:8 for groups of guests, ages 8 and under.
- Membership cards may not be transferred.
- Swimming suits are required.
- No bras, sports bras or shorts that do not stay around your waist.
- String and thong bikinis prohibited.
- Swim wear that becomes see through when wet is not allowed and considered indecent.
- Swimmers wanting to use a t-shirt in the pool must wear a clean t-shirt and proper swim wear underneath.
- No street clothes will be allowed in the pool.
- Swim diapers are required for children who are not bathroom trained and a swimsuit must be worn over swim diapers.
Guests with improper or indecent swim wear will be asked to change or leave the facility.
Life jackets, flotation devices & toys
Guests may swim with a Coast Guard approved life vest. A limited number of vests are available at each pool.
- Vest must have a readable Coast Guard rated label.
- Guardian must stay within arm's reach of the guest using the vest.
- Only soft diving sticks and balls are allowed in the pool. Other toys may be used in the baby pool.
Food & Drink
- Food is allowed only in the concession area.
- Food is not allowed on the pool deck or grass areas around the pool.
- No glass containers of any kind are allowed anywhere in the facility.
- No alcohol of any kind is allowed anywhere in the facility.
Facility and General rules
- No running anywhere in the facility.
- Diving is allowed only in designated areas. Staff can answer questions as to the location of these areas.
- No general swimming or play allowed in the diving board area.
- Only one person allowed on the diving board at a time.
- Guests cannot be caught or held while using or coming down the slide or off of the diving board.
- No glasses, goggles or masks allowed on the diving boards or slides. They may be held in your hand.
- Any games endangering the swimmers or sunbathers are prohibited.
- Boisterousness, profanity, roughness or threats will not be tolerated.
- Smoking is prohibited in any portion of the facilities.
- Smoking is allowed outside the facility, but not within 20' of the entrance.
- No unnecessary conversation with lifeguards on duty.
- Manager and lifeguards have full authority to enforce rules needed to ensure the safety of all guests.
- Guests wishing to take pictures must get permission from the manager.
- The City of Overland Park will make every attempt to accommodate persons with disabilities. Wheelchairs and other such equipment needed to aid persons with a disability are allowed inside the pool.
- The City of Overland Park reserves the right to revoke any membership that has falsified information on application.
- Memberships may also be revoked or suspended for not abiding by the pool rules.
- Bicycles, scooters and skate-boards are not allowed in the facility and must be parked or checked at the desk.
Alternate schedules will be posted at individual pools. Pools may have alternate hours of operation due to:
- Authorized special events;
- The first or final weeks of operation due to personnel shortages;
- Inclement weather;
- Safety conditions.
- Pool manager has full authority to clear pool and decks during inclement weather.
- Designated safety areas must be used during inclement weather if guests wish to stay inside the facility.
- Contact each facility if there is inclement weather.
Events and Lessons
- Parents and spectators must remain in designated areas during lessons and special events.
- Exceptions to designated areas must have manager approval.
- Facilities may post alternate hours of operations for authorized events and lessons.