Community Centers & Pools
The definition of a family for the purposes of a membership with Recreation Services is no more than two adults age of twenty-four years and older, and their dependent children, who are permanently residing together as a single family/financial household unit within a residence that is their fixed and principal home. Dependents between the ages of 18 and 23 must be full-time students and can show proof of residency at residential address.
For the purposes of interpretation of the family definition, the following shall apply:
- That household unit must operate as a single financial and economic unit above and beyond merely sharing living arrangements and must share in the family resources and income as a unit.
- For persons age 18 or older, or persons of any age that have a driver’s license, passport, or other official documentation of their address, the residence must be the residential address:
- Is shown on any motor vehicle operator’s license or other governmental license or other official documentation as their residence.
- The address where they are registered to vote.
- The address that is listed as their residence on their most current federal income tax return.
- For persons under the age of 18, the residence must be the address listed for that child under any public school, private school or home school registration. Exchange students can not be a part of a family membership.
- Any children residing in the home must be the legal responsibility of at least one of the adults who is part of the family unit. Foster children are allowed on the family membership with proof of placement.
- Persons residing temporarily at the residence such as visitors, relatives, childcare workers, nannies, or other temporary occupants of the home shall not be considered part of the family unit for the purposes of membership.
- Non-custodial parents, grandparents, and other relatives are not eligible for a family pass, but may purchase a separate membership upon proof of their residency.
- Roommates who only share the housing and utility expense shall not be considered operating as a single financial and economic unit.