The Overland Park Police Department is taking back unwanted and unused prescription drugs.
On Saturday, April 27, drop your medications off from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at any of the following locations:
- Myron E. Scafe Police Station – 8500 Antioch Rd.
- Sanders Justice Center – 12400 Foster St.
- Price Chopper – 7000 W. 75th St.
- Price Chopper – 7418 W. 119th St.
- Price Chopper – 11700 W. 135th St.
- Price Chopper – 7201 W. 151st St.
- Hen House – 6900 W. 135th St.
- JCCC – 12345 College Blvd.
The police department works with the Drug Enforcement Administration to provide the public this opportunity to prevent prescription abuse or theft by ridding their homes of potentially dangerous expired drugs.
Police will accept pills and patches only. Liquids and needles or sharps will not be accepted.
The service is free and anonymous. No questions will be asked.
Overland Park Police also provide two drug drop boxes that are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. One is inside the policy lobby at Sanders Justice Center and the other is located at the Scafe Police Station in the upper lobby.