Community policing is about forming partnerships and working together to prevent crime and solve community problems.
Officers are assigned to a specific geographical area and work proactively with apartment complexes and neighborhood groups to identify and solve problems. This includes:
- Offering a variety of programs and security tips to enhance safety at home and work;
- Speaking to neighborhood groups and apartment complexes when requested;
- Administering the Crime-Free Multi-Housing Program and providing free residential security surveys;
- Using proactive problem solving methods to address specific community issues; and
- Overseeing lost and found property.
School Resource Officers are also part of the Community Policing unit.
Contact Sergeant Richard Breshears at 913-895-6287 to learn more.