The neighborhood boundaries are Switzer to 69 Highway, 91st Street to 95th Street.
Neighbors from Wellington West first met in 2005. The group has focused on social events that help neighbors get to know one another and informational meetings with guest speakers and presentations.
- 764 residents
- 296 single family homes - 6 percent of single family homes are absentee-owned
- 28 duplex units and 0 multi-family units - 46 percent of duplexes are absentee-owned
- Mean home value: $134,400
- Mean year homes were built: 1965
- 29 property maintenance cases were reported in 2008
- Organize social events to keep neighbors connected and well-informed;
- Identify projects that improve the appearance and condition of the neighborhood;
- Promote neighborhood safety; and
- Improve property maintenance concerns by offering informational seminars at meetings.
Meetings are held the fourth Thursday of every month. To contact your chairperson, call 913-895-6270 or email email@example.com.