The neighborhood boundaries are Metcalf to Antioch, 95th to 98th streets, and to 98th Terrace east of Foster.
Named for a subdivision in the neighborhood, residents from Sylvan Grove first met in 2003. The group has meetings and social events throughout the year and often partners with the Cherokee Hills and Glenwood Estates neighborhood groups.
Sylvan Grove recently partnered with the Public Works Department to improve the appearance of a traffic island in the neighborhood, and the neighborhood pool, Stonegate, recently underwent major renovations.
- 1,036 residents
- 425 single family homes - 9 percent of single family homes are absentee-owned
- 26 duplex units and 0 multi-family units - 62 percent of duplexes are absentee-owned
- Mean home value: $170,800
- Mean year homes were built: 1965
- 24 property maintenance cases were reported in 2008
- Organize social events;
- Work to coordinate infrastructural improvements in the neighborhood;
- Promote neighborhood safety; and
- Improve property maintenance concerns by offering informational seminars at meetings.
Meetings are held the third Thursday of each month at Brookridge Elementary School, 9920 Lowell (no meetings in July and August). To contact your chairperson, call 913-895-6270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.