The neighborhood is located just north of downtown Overland Park, from 75th to 79th streets, between Metcalf and Lowell.
Named after William Strang's Inter-Urban Rail, neighbors from Strang Line first met in 1997.
The group has provided input to the city to ensure improved pedestrian linkages between residential and commercial areas, and successfully petitioned for and received traffic calming circles throughout the neighborhood.
- 1,492 residents
- 415 single family homes - 21 percent of single family homes are absentee-owned
- 6 duplex units and 299 multi-family units - 33 percent of duplexes are absentee-owned
- Mean home value: $122,400
- Mean year homes were built: 1948
- 48 property maintenance cases were reported in 2008
- Organize social events;
- Promote neighborhood safety; and
- Improve property maintenance concerns by offering informational seminars at meetings.
Meetings are called as needed by the chairperson. To contact your chairperson, call 913-895-6270 or email email@example.com.