The neighborhood boundaries are Metcalf to Lamar, 67th to 71st streets.
Neighbors from Southmoor Gardens first met in 2001.
An active community, the neighborhood holds an annual block party with around 150 attendees and hosts other events and informational meetings throughout the year. Several of the homes are on the national historic register.
- 722 residents
- 331 single family homes - 8 percent of single family homes are absentee-owned
- 0 duplex units and multi-family units
- Mean home value: $188,900
- Mean year homes were built: 1953
- 38 property maintenance cases were reported in 2008
- Organize social events;
- Increase participation on the group Internet message board;
- Create a neighborhood identity and promote historic heritage of the area;
- Promote neighborhood safety; and
- Improve property maintenance concerns by offering informational seminars at meetings.
Meetings are held at 7 p.m. the third Thursday of odd months. To contact your chairperson, call 913-895-6270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.