Neighborhood boundaries are east of Santa Fe Drive, Metcalf to Lowell and 79th to 87th streets.
Named after South Lake Park, South Lake neighbors first met in 1993.
The group is active in city activities and works to promote a sense of community within their neighborhood. South Lake's most popular activities include a yearly neighborhood garage sale, a summer picnic, and providing food and clothing to one neighborhood family in need during the holidays.
Additionally, South Lake residents established "The Gardeners," a group that is now open to all Conservation Program members.
- 1,662 residents
- 370 single family homes - 15 percent of single family homes are absentee-owned
- 48 duplex units and 520 multi-family units - 67 percent of duplexes are absentee-owned
- Mean home value: $147,200
- Mean year homes were built: 1947
- 49 property maintenance cases were reported in 2008
- Improve the neighborhood while creating an identity for themselves;
- Work with the city to address street and storm drainage concerns;
- Organize social events;
- Promote neighborhood safety; and
- Improve property maintenance concerns by offering informational seminars at meetings.
Neighborhood indicators report measurable changes of conditions over a five-year trend. Individual neighborhood indicator stats are also available for this neighborhood.
Meetings are held quarterly (date, time, location to be announced). To contact your chairperson, call 913-895-6270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.