Ranchview Gardens, formerly Area 59, includes the area from 95th to 99th and Mission to Chadwick.
Neighbors from Ranchview Gardens first met in 2006.
The group met several times to address the lack of sidewalks in the neighborhood; however, decided not to petition the city for them. Another major concern was the maintenance of commercial properties in their neighborhood. Since then, the Ranchview South Shopping Center has undergone major renovations that have improved the appearance of the area and preserved a valued neighborhood amenity.
Neighbors have an annual gardens tour that has become a popular neighborhood tradition.
- 958 residents
- 304 single family homes - 10 percent of single family homes are absentee-owned
- 12 duplex units and 0 multi-family units - 100 percent of duplexes are absentee-owned
- Mean home value: $195,300
- Mean year homes were built: 1959
- 31 property maintenance cases were reported in 2008
- Maintain a positive sense of community in the area;
- Organize social events;
- Promote neighborhood safety; and
- Improve property maintenance concerns by offering informational seminars at meetings.
Meetings are held the third Thursday of every month at Leawood United Methodist Church, 2915 W. 95th St. To contact your chairperson, call 913-895-6270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.