North Park includes the area from Metcalf to Lowell, Johnson Drive to 54th Street/54th Terrace.
The North Park neighborhood has organized several large events, including an Awareness Walk in 2001 and a successful summer picnic lunch at the Overland Park Arboretum.
- Organized in 2000
- Current Status: Inactive
- 1,070 residents
- 265 single family homes
- 106 duplex units
- 136 Multifamily units
- 9 percent of single family homes are absentee-owned
- 42 percent of duplexes are absentee-owned
- Mean home value of $173,500
- Mean year homes were built: 1957
- Thirty-three property maintenance cases reported for the year
An ongoing project for the group has been beautifying the neighborhood park, North Park, by planting a lilac garden. Since then, funds have been donated by the Employers Reinsurance Corporation to install a watering system for the lilacs.
Meetings are held 7 p.m., second Thursday of odd months at the Johnson County Administrative Building, 6000 Lamar. To contact your chairperson, call 913-895-6270 or email email@example.com or send your contact information to your chairperson.