The Highlands Plains neighborhood boundaries are Nall to Lamar, 67th to 71st streets.
Neighbors from Highland Plains first met in 2004. Leaders have remained involved in the Neighborhood Conservation Program Executive Committee; however, the group does not meet regularly due to low participation.
The neighborhood recently received new curbs and sidewalks.
- 647 residents
- 297 single family homes - 14 percent of single family homes are absentee-owned
- No duplexes or multi-family units
- Mean home value: $178,000
- Mean year homes were built: 1951
- 53 property maintenance cases were reported in 2008
- Increase neighborhood participation.
- Organize social events;
- Promote neighborhood safety; and
- Improve property maintenance concerns by offering informational seminars at meetings.
Meetings are called as needed by the chairperson. To contact your chairperson, call 913-895-6270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.