The Grantioch neighborhood boundaries are Antioch to Grant, from 79th Street to 83rd Street.
Grantioch leaders and residents have worked closely with the Public Works Department on residential street improvements, including construction of a traffic-calming roundabout in their neighborhood. The group also has formed an extensive e-mail list that is used to communicate neighborhood issues, and closely monitors crime trends and other neighborhood-level data.
- Organized in 2000
- 1,329 residents
- 377 single family homes - 11 percent of single family homes are absentee-owned
- 84 duplex units and 139 multi-family units - 67 percent of duplexes are absentee-owned
- Mean home value: $150,800
- Mean year homes were built: 1960
- 60 property maintenance cases were reported in 2008
- Track crime statistics and work with the Police Department and codes enforcement to reduce crime and improve property maintenance in their neighborhood.
- Publish a neighborhood newsletter;
- Address traffic safety issues.
Neighborhood indicators report measurable changes of conditions over a five-year trend. Individual neighborhood indicator stats are also available for this neighborhood.
Meetings are held at 7 p.m. (exact dates to be announced) in the library at Comanche Elementary School, 8200 Grant. To contact your chairperson, call 913-895-6270 or email email@example.com or send your contact information to your chairperson.