Glenwood Estates includes the area from 87th Street to 91st Terrace, Antioch to Lowell.
Neighbors from Glenwood Estates first met in 2001.
The group has taken on many projects, most notably petitioning for new streetlights, sidewalks and curbing. They also host guest speakers at meetings and organize an annual Santa visit for neighborhood children during the holidays.
- 1,092 residents
- 479 single family homes - 9 percent of single family homes are absentee-owned
- No duplex or multi-family units
- Mean home value: $162,000
- Mean year homes were built: 1961
- 66 property maintenance cases were reported in 2008
- Organize social events;
- Identify ways to improve infrastructure conditions in the neighborhood;
- Promote neighborhood safety; and
- Improve property maintenance concerns by offering informational seminars at meetings.
Various social events are coordinated in conjunction with Glenwood Estates and Sylvan Grove neighborhoods. Business and informational meetings are called as needed. To contact your chairperson, call 913-895-6270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.