The neighborhood boundaries are Interstate 35 to 54th Terrace, Metcalf to Antioch.
Named after an original property owner and developer in the area, Cunningham Heights neighbors first met in 1995. Hickory Hills Park is located in the neighborhood and provides a location for some events and activities.
The Cunningham Heights group is strong with active participation at meetings and special events, and neighbors work closely with their assigned Community Policing Officer. The group holds popular summer and holiday parties, sponsors plant exchanges in the spring, coordinates neighborhood garage sales, and designs a neighborhood newsletter.
- 1,242 residents
- 282 single family homes - 10 percent of single family homes are absentee-owned
- 33 duplex units and 286 multi-family unit - 100 percent of duplexes are absentee-owned
- Mean home value: $157,600
- Mean year homes were built: 1957
- 37 property maintenance cases were reported in 2008
- Organize social events (holiday party, plant exchanges, garage sales);
- Publish a neighborhood newsletter;
- Conduct trash clean-ups, especially along Metcalf Avenue; and
- Promote improved property maintenance in the neighborhood.
Meetings are held at 7 p.m. the second Thursday of odd months (location to be announced). To contact your chairperson, call 913-895-6270 or email email@example.com.