The neighborhood boundaries are Antioch to Lowell, 91st Terrace to 95th Street.
Neighbors from Cherokee Hills first met in 2003 to plan social events and host informational meetings. Since then, neighborhood leaders have been building an email list to inform residents of meetings, safety topics, the annual summer ice cream social and other relevant neighborhood issues.
- 1,106 residents
- 476 single family homes - 11 percent of single family homes are absentee-owned
- 12 duplex units - 100 percent of duplexes are absentee-owned
- Mean home value: $155,500
- Mean year homes were built: 1960
- 35 property maintenance cases were reported in 2008
- Organize social events;
- Build on the neighborhood e-mail list for communications;
- Promote neighborhood safety; and
- Improve property maintenance concerns by offering informational seminars at meetings.
Meetings generally are held on Monday (exact dates, times to be announced) at Valley View United Methodist Church, 8412 W. 95th St. To contact your chairperson, call 913-895-6270 or email email@example.com.