Arrowhead Trails boundaries are Metcalf to Lowell, Shawnee Mission Parkway to 71st Street.
Located just south of the Shawnee Mission Parkway commercial area, the group coordinates with city staff and their assigned Community Policing Officer to minimize incompatibilities between the commercial area and adjacent residential properties. To increase awareness of the neighborhood, the group is considering installing neighborhood identification markers.
- Named after a former elementary school, the group organized in 1998
- 1,501 residents
- 533 single family homes - 16 percent of single family homes are absentee-owned
- 100 duplex units and 9 multi-family units - 84 percent of duplexes are absentee-owned
- Mean home value: $138,300
- Mean year homes were built: 1950
- 56 property maintenance cases were reported in 2008
- Organize social events;
- Publish a neighborhood newsletter;
- Promote neighborhood safety; and
- Improve property maintenance concerns by offering informational seminars at meetings.
Meetings are held at 7 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of odd months in the Flint Room of St. Mark's United Methodist Church, 6422 Santa Fe Drive. To contact your chairperson, call 913-895-6270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.