The City has budgeted $10,000 for the STF cost-share program to encourage individual homeowners and businesses to incorporate STFs on their property to aid in the improvement of water quality. STFs are subject to applicable laws and provisions including but not limited to the Overland Park Municipal Code.
Program Applicant Conditions:
- The applicant shall be responsible for all project costs. The City of Overland Park will provide reimbursement after the costs have been incurred. After submitting all final costs and receipts, the City of Overland Park will reimburse the applicant.
- The project must be completed by October 31, 2013.
- Additional program requirements apply for native tree plantings.
- The City of Overland Park will require access to your property for evaluation of the application prior to the start of construction, during construction, and after construction is complete for final inspection of the project.
- Implementation of an approved project is the sole responsibility of the property owner. The City of Overland Park is not liable for personal injury or property damage resulting from said work.
- Projects approved for funding carry no implied warranty by the City of Overland Park.
- The funded practice shall be maintained for a minimum period of three years. All maintenance costs are the responsibility of the property owner.
- The applicant is responsible for obtaining all applicable permits. This includes notifying Kansas One-Call before digging.
- Fill out the application. Attach a map, project summary/description, and project schedule.
- Include any cost estimates or quotes.
- Make sure the application is signed by the property owner.
- Submit the completed application and all required documents to the Public Works Department.
- After application approval, contact Public Works prior to starting the project for an initial inspection.
- Call Public Works for a final inspection after the project is completed.
- Submit final receipts to Public Works for approval and payment.
City of Overland Park
Public Works Department
8500 Santa Fe Drive
Overland Park, KS 66212
- Nico Cantarero: (913) 895-6172; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lorraine Basalo: (913) 895-6023; email@example.com