Overland Park’s young artists have a chance for their artwork to be featured and recognized by Mayor Carl Gerlach.
The Overland Park Parks and Recreation Department invites students to submit a drawing or painting for this year’s Arbor Day Poster Contest.
Kindergarteners through fourth graders who live in Overland Park can participate.
Artwork should highlight this year’s theme “We All Need Kansas Trees” and include the contest title in the artwork. Please make sure the theme is spelled correctly.
Submissions from first, second, and third-place winners will be on display at Sykes/Lady Overland Park Golf Club
- Posters sizes may be 8.5 x 11 inches minimum, to 14 x 18 inches maximum.
- The student’s first and last name, parents’ name, address, contact phone number, and school, if applicable, must be written on the back of each poster.
- Entries may be done in marker, crayon, paint pens, watercolor, ink, acrylic, colored pencil, and/or tempera paint.
- Collages are not acceptable. Do not glue anything on your poster.
- Computer-generated art, photo-generated art, and printing are not acceptable.
Posters are due by May 31.
Submit Your Poster
Submit your poster online.