Overview is the city’s quarterly newsletter for residents. It includes news, things to see and do in Overland Park, valuable information for neighborhoods, recreational and environmental news.
The Overview Spring 2020 features articles about
- Count Me In JoCo, the effort to ensure everyone in our community counts in the 2020 Census.
- OP60, the City’s 60th anniversary celebration that includes Parties in the Park, an effort to plant 6,000 trees, the #OP60 Selfie Challenge, and more fun activities.
- Details about upcoming street projects, including major projects Metcalf, Nall, and College.
- Limitations on the City’s authority to regulate small cell technology in Overland Park’s right-of-way.
- Improvements at several City parks in 2020.
- What to expect from improvements at the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens, including a new visitors center.
- A tour of a new squad house that provides a shared space for police officers and firefighters.
- The steps you can take to file an OPCares request to have potholes filled, and how City staff take action on service requests.
- An update on the new fleet maintenance facility at 124th and Antioch.
The Overview also includes several pages of information about events coming up at the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens, Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead, community centers, the Overland Park Farmers’ Market, and more.Read the Overview Online