The City of Overland Park announced an engaging series of events and activities in 2020, to celebrate 60 years of incorporation as a first-class city.
City staff shared plans with the Community Development committee for OP60, the overall theme for anniversary events and programming. OP60 will take place during the spring, summer and fall at various locations in Overland Park, and include:
- An OP60 Anniversary Kickoff event at the Overland Park Farmers’ Market opening day and Incorporation Anniversary, Wednesday, May 20.
- Six “Party in the Park” events at various City parks throughout the summer, featuring free movies, music, yard games, pool admission, access to food trucks, and more.
- 20 in ‘20, telling some of the biggest stories in Overland Park’s history as a city.
- The #OP60 Selfie Challenge, encouraging Overland Park to get out, explore some of the City’s best amenities, and engage with the City online.
- Trees for OP60, an initiative to keep Overland Park growing for the next 60 years by encouraging the community to plant 6,000 trees in 2020.
- 60 Things to Do for Overland Park’s 60th, a guide to getting involved and doing more in Overland Park this year.
Forward OP, the community’s vision formed with public input from thousands of Overland Park residents, businesses, visitors, and stakeholders, calls for more programs and events to bring community members together. The Overland Park Chamber of Commerce, Overland Park Historical Society, Visit Overland Park and Downtown Overland Park will be involved in many of the OP60 activities and programming.
Learn more and stay up to date with OP60 activities and programming at www.opkansas.org/OP60.