This summer, Overland Park’s 60th anniversary is all about you exploring OP! Go out and explore your favorite OP parks, monuments, and attractions, snap some selfies, and share them on social media for your chance to win!
Participate by yourself, or bring your friends, family, or your dog along — the selfie challenge gives everyone the chance to celebrate this landmark anniversary in Overland Park. Get your smartphones ready for this fun-filled summer activity!
How the Challenge Works
The #OP60SelfieChallenge consists of six themed categories, with five locations within Overland Park featured in each category. Post a selfie from all five locations to complete a category.
Selfies can be taken anywhere within the location, but must clearly identify the participants and the location. We encourage you to give us your best smile, peace sign, thumbs up, duck face, tongue sticking out, etc. Inappropriate gestures will not be accepted.
Stay posted, as we will announce the locations here and on our social media for the following categories:
- Prominent Places (June 11)
- Corporate Woods (8717 W. 110th Street)
- Johnson County Community College (12345 College Boulevard)
- Overland Park City Hall (8500 Santa Fe Drive)
- Overland Park Farmers’ Market Pavilion (7950 Marty Street)
- Sprint World Headquarters (6100 Sprint Parkway)
- Parks & Trails (June 25)
- Kingston Lake Park (15254 Lowell Avenue)
- Quivira Park (11901 Quivira Road)
- Roe Park (10400 Roe Avenue)
- South Lake Park (7601 W. 86th Street)
- Thompson Park (8045 Santa Fe Drive)
- Art (July 9)
- Murals in Downtown Overland Park
- Pierced Sky (southwest corner of 103rd and Metcalf)
- Soaring (along the trail at Roe Park)
- Spirit of Dick Molamphy (in Molamphy Park off College and Conser)
- Converge (in front circle drive of Overland Park Convention Center)
- Attractions (July 23)
- Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead (13800 Switzer Road)
- Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center (8788 Metcalf Avenue)
- Museum at Prairiefire (5801 W. 135th Street)
- Oak Park Mall (11149 W. 95th Street)
- Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens (8909 W. 179th Street)
- Staying Active (August 6)
- Matt Ross Community Center (8101 Marty Street)
- Scheels Overland Park Soccer Complex (13700 Switzer Road)
- Sykes/Lady Overland Park Golf Course (12501 Quivira Road)
- St. Andrews Golf Club (11099 W. 135th Street)
- Tomahawk Ridge Community Center (11902 Lowell Avenue)
- Historical Monuments (August 20)
- Downtown Overland Park Clock Tower (7935 Santa Fe Drive)
- Korean War Veterans Memorial (11902 Lowell Avenue)
- Morse Church (15431 Quivira Road)
- William B. Strang Statue (80th Street and Santa Fe Drive)
- 9/11 Memorial (12401 Hemlock Street)
Each category will be open for two weeks once it’s announced. A winner will be chosen at random among those who complete the category, and we will share the winning selfies on social media!
How to Submit Your Selfies
We’ll accept entries in the #OP60SelfieChallenge via social media. If you submit a selfie, a single profile should be used to post each selfie.
Here’s how you can participate across the three eligible platforms:
- Twitter and Instagram: Share your selfies in a post, tag the City of Overland Park, and include the hashtag #OP60SelfieChallenge.
- Facebook: Share your selfies in a post, tag the City of Overland Park, and include the hashtag #OP60SelfieChallenge (Note: Your post’s privacy settings must be set to “public,” or else the post won’t be seen). You can also share your selfies in a comment on the City’s Facebook post for that category.
By entering this contest, you agree that the City of Overland Park and any of its partners may use any images submitted for future promotional purposes related to this contest or other City business.