"Overview" is the city's quarterly newsletter for residents. It includes news, things to see and do in Overland Park, valuable information for neighborhoods, recreational and environmental news.
The Overview Summer 2017 edition will be in mailboxes beginning the week of May 1 and includes information on:
- The citywide survey, which shows residents have a "very positive perception" of Overland Park;
- Information on pet licensing deadlines;
- New street preservation projects;
- New features that have reopened at the Roe Park splash pad;
- Code enforcement reminders for safe signs and garage sales;
- Options to cut costs on your lawn and garden care with the City's Stormwater Management Program;
- Ideas to reduce the amount of hazardous waste you store in your garage;
- Rules to share the road with bicyclists;
- And new markings you may notice on stream drains in your neighborhood.
The Spring Overview edition also includes a list programs and classes going on within the Parks and Recreation Departments and City events for the season, including:
- Jazz in the Woods;
- Stems, a Garden Soiree;
- Star Spangled Spectacular;
- Special events at Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead, the Arboretum, and Overland Park Farmers' Market.
The Overview Summer 2017 edition will begin arriving in homes this week, or you can read it online.