After a hugely successful public kickoff to the Forward OP process this January, it’s time to come back together talk about our shared vision for the future.
The second round of public engagement in the Forward OP visioning process will consist of a series of ten Community Conversations, held at different times and locations throughout the City to make it easy to get involved.
Participants may choose to attend any one of the ten sessions that is most convenient to them; each meeting will have an identical format. The schedule includes:
Tuesday, April 24
- 6:30 p.m. at Matt Ross Community Center, 8101 Marty
Wednesday, April 25
- 7:30 a.m. at St. Andrews Golf Course Clubhouse, 11099 W. 135th St.
- Noon at Johnson County Community College Carlsen Center, 12345 College Boulevard.
- 4 p.m. at Overland Park Chamber of Commerce, 9001 W. 110th St.
- 6:30 p.m., at Shawnee Mission South High School, 5800 W. 107th St.
Thursday, April 26
- 7:30 a.m. at Tomahawk Ridge Community Center, 11902 Lowell Avenue
- 10 a.m. at The Culture House at Oak Park Mall, 11149 W. 95th St.
- Noon at Johnson County Central Resource Library, 9875 W. 87th St.
- 4 p.m. at Mazuma Credit Union, 7260 W. 135th St.
- 6:30 p.m. at Blue Valley Hilltop Conference Center, 7700 W. 143rd St.
The sessions will center around validating and deliberating on the nearly 3,000 unique pieces of input received in the first round of engagement. At each Community Conversation, participants will have the opportunity to see drafts of vision statements and supporting goals while identifying strategic steps that should be taken to achieve the vision.
Let us know that you’ll be coming by submitting your RSVP online. RSVPs are encouraged but not required.
We look forward to talking with you!