City Council Monday night honored five local businesses for their outstanding landscaping efforts.
Each year the Legacy of Greenery Committee receives nominations for outstanding landscaping efforts by commercial developments, businesses and public entities.
Committee members review all nominations based on initial design, continued maintenance, and preservation of current landscaping features.
Award winners this year are:
- Corbin Crossing Apartments - 6801 W 138th Terrace
- Emmanuel Chinese Baptist Church - 10101 England Drive
- Chelepis & Associates for Kansas City Allergy & Asthma Associates building - 8675 College Blvd.
- Block Real Estate Services for Teva Pharmaceuticals building - 11100 Nall Avenue
- Shamrock Trading Corporation - 9300 Metcalf Avenue
Shamrock Trading Corporation received the “Award of Continued Landscape Excellence.” This award recognizes previous award winners that exhibit continued efforts of maintenance, revitalization and enhancement of their landscape.