The City Council Monday night honored five local businesses for their outstanding landscaping efforts.
Each year the Legacy of Greenery Committee receives nominations for outstanding landscaping efforts by commercial developments, businesses and public entities.
Committee members review all nominations based on initial design, continued maintenance, and preservation of current landscaping features.
2018's award winners this year are:
- Alaskan Fur (9029 Metcalf Avenue)
- Savoy Apartments (7100 W 141st Street)
- The Peanut on Santa Fe (7938 Santa Fe Drive)
- The Village at Mission Farms (4080 Indian Creek Parkway)
- The Ridge Apartments (8900 W 102nd Terrace), received the “Award of Continued Landscape Excellence.” This award recognizes previous award winners that exhibit continued efforts of maintenance, revitalization and enhancement of their landscape.
See photos of the winners' work below.
To nominate an organization's landscaping, contact City Forester Bailey Patterson.