After several public hearings and council committee working sessions on the budget throughout the summer, City Council adopted the 2019 Budget last night.
Highlights of the budget include maintenance of streets; replacement of deteriorating curbs; investing in resources for parks and recreation amenities; and continued investment in basic public services are all part of the newly-adopted 2019 Budget.
Budget additions include:
- Expansion of the School Resource Officer program to additional middle schools
- Enhancement of emergency response through additional dispatch capabilities
- Increased funding for the curb replacement program
- Increased funding for the annual street maintenance program
- Expansion of resources toward citywide outreach and communications and more.
The 2019 Budget will take effect in January.