On Friday, April 27, the Forestry Division of the Parks Department will celebrate Arbor Day.
The Legacy of Greenery Committee invites children in kindergarten through fourth grade who live in Overland Park to participate in the Arbor Day poster contest.
Student artwork should highlight this year's theme, "Good Things Grow on Trees!" and include this contest title in the artwork. Please make sure the tagline is spelled correctly.
Posters are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 30.
- Poster size: minimum 8.5x11", maximum 14x18"
- The student's first and last name, parents name, address, contact phone number, and school, if applicable, must be written on the back of each poster.
- Entries may be done in marker, crayon, paint pens, watercolor, ink, acrylic, colored pencil, and/or tempera paint.
- Collages are not acceptable. (Do not glue anything on your poster).
- Computer or photo-generated art and/or printing are not acceptable.
First through third-place winners will have their posters displayed online and at Overland Park City Hall.
Mayor Gerlach and the poster contest winners will plant a tree outside City Hall during the City's Arbor Day Celebration.
Submit your child's Arbor Day poster at one of three locations:
- Matt Ross Community Center
- Overland Park Parks Headquarters
- Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens