Temporary Liquor License


A temporary liquor license and City Council approval is required for anyone who wants to sell liquor at a special event.

A temporary state permit must be submitted with the city application and the $25 per day fee at least two weeks prior to the event. Permits cannot span more than three days.

Applicants should contact the Kansas Divisions of Alcoholic Beverage Control prior to applying for the City license, 785-296-7015.

Zoning review must be completed before approval may be granted by the City Council.

Applications can be dropped off along with payment at the City Clerk's Office or mailed to: City Clerks Office, City Hall, 8500 Santa Fe Drive, Overland Park, KS, 66212.