Pool/Spa Annual Permit


An annual operating permit is required for all public/semi-public swimming pools, including pools and spas at:

  • Apartments
  • Home associations
  • Hotels
  • Health clubs
  • Condominiums
  • City pools

An inspection will be completed before the permit is issued. In order to pass an inspection please ensure everything meets approval.

The permit application and applicable fees must be returned to Community Services, upper level of the Myron E. Scafe Building, 8500 Antioch Road.

New License

New pools, regardless of their location, must get a building permit and follow all applicable pool/spa specifications before an operating permit is issued.

  • Complete the Swimming Pool/Spa permit application
  • Remit your fees
  • Sign the application and mail or walk-in to

City of Overland Park
Community Services
8500 Antioch Rd
Overland Park, KS 66212


Facilities can renew their permit online. Renewals are due by Dec. 1 every year. If you do not have a renewal letter, please contact 913-895-6270.

Online Payment

Reference the following information from the renewal letter and complete application online.

  • Enter the establishments Facility Number (FAC-0000001)
  • Street Number (8500 for 8500 Antioch)
  • Emergency contact phone number (913-895-6270)
  • Emergency e-mail address


  • Complete the online application or the application form
  • Print
  • Send fee and application to mailing address noted on application

Refund Policy

Community Services fees are not refundable.

Overpayment of fees: No refunds will be processed unless the amount received is more than $10 over the amount.