Pawnbroker’s License


A license is required for anyone who:

  • Loans money on deposit, pledge of personal property or other valuable thing other than intangible personal property; or
  • Who deals in the purchase of personal property on the condition of selling the same back again at the stipulated price.

This does not include any person operating under the supervision of the State Banking Commissioner, Credit Union Administrator, or the Consumer Credit Commissioner of the State of Kansas.

The application and a $25 annual fee can be dropped off at the City Clerk's Office or mailed to: City Clerks Office, City Hall, 8500 Santa Fe Drive, Overland Park, KS, 66212.