Drinking Establishments, Private Clubs & Caterers Licenses

A license is required by the city and the state to operate any business or organization that serves alcoholic liquor, including catering services, drinking establishments and private clubs.

Applicants should contact the Kansas Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control prior to applying for the city license, 785-296-7015.

City and state licenses can be applied for simultaneously; however, a copy of the state license must be provided to Overland Park before issuance of a city license. Overland Park's licensing period will correspond with the state's licensing dates.

The application and license fee can be dropped off or mailed to the City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 8500 Santa Fe Drive, Overland Park, KS, 66212.  Applicants also must provide a floor plan indicating where alcoholic liquor will be sold, served and consumed.

Zoning, building codes, fire and police inspections and applicable reviews must be completed before approval may be granted.

For more information please contact the City Clerk's Office, 913-895-6150.