There are three different applications, depending on the applicant:
- General Retailer: Place of business selling cereal malt beverages or nonalcoholic malt beverages at retail for consumption on the licensed premises.
- $100 for an annual license
- Limited Retailer: Place of business selling only at retail, cereal malt beverages or nonalcoholic malt beverages in original and unopened containers and not for consumption on the licensed premises.
- $50 for an annual license
- Temporary License (Special Events)
In addition to the application, applicants must provide:
- A diagram describing the premises and/or property where cereal malt beverages will be sold, served, dispensed or consumed.
- A description of security measures.
- $50 application fee
Zoning review and police checks must be completed before approval may be granted by the City Clerk.
In addition to the application fee, there is an additional $25 state fee for each application.
Fees and the completed application should be dropped off at the City Clerk's Office or mailed to:
City Clerks Office - City Hall
8500 Santa Fe Drive
Overland Park, KS, 66212
* Cereal malt beverages include any fermented, but undistilled liquor brewed or made from malt or a mixture of malt and/or malt substitute that does not contain more than 3.2 percent alcohol by weight.